Michelina Houlihan | Watch This Link! | The Adventures of Spot
- sharedledger.org is an Online Service Provider under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act,
17 U.S.C. Section 512 ("DMCA"). This document outlines the policy that sharedledger.org have introduced in
order to implement notice and takedown policy as required by DMCA. This document guides copyright
owners interested in utilizing this procedure, as well as service users interested in restoring access to material
mistakenly taken down.
- Writing and sending Proper Notification
The DMCA provides a legal procedure by which you can request any Online Service Provider to disable
access to a website where your copyrighted work(s) are appearing without your permission. The legal
procedure consists of two parts: (1) Writing a Proper DMCA Notice, and (2) Sending the Proper DMCA
Notice to sharedledger.org Designated Agent.
- To write a Proper DMCA Notice, state the following information:
- Identify yourself as an owner of copyrighted work or exclusive rights that you believe were infringed, or a person acting on behalf of such owner.
- State your contact information, including your name, street address, phone number, and email address.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed, or if a large number of works are being infringed, a representative list of the works.
- Identify the location of materials that allegedly are infringing your copyrighted work, by providing Web URLs on sharedledger.org site that contain these materials.
- State that you have "a good faith belief that use of the aforementioned material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law".
- State that the information in the notice is accurate, under penalty of perjury.
- Your notice must be signed with a physical signature (when it is in scanned paper form) or electronic signature (e.g. email certificate when it is in electronic form).
- To exercise your DMCA rights, your Proper DMCA Notice must be sent to Designated Agent of sharedledger.org on contact form.
- Notice and takedown procedure
sharedledger.org will follow the procedures provided in the DCMA to properly enforce rights of copyright holders.
When a Proper DMCA notification is received by Designated Agent, or when sharedledger.org becomes otherwise
aware that copyright rights are infringed, it will remove or disable access to infringing materials as soon as
possible. You don't need to wait confirmation from us about this action.
Only the copyright owner or an authorized representative can file a DMCA Infringement Notice on his/her behalf.
You will be liable for damages (including costs and legal fees) if you materially misrepresent that a content or activity is infringing your copyrights.
You must include the documentation that confirms you are the rights holder for this content. Otherwise, we cannot process your notice.
You should also have the copyright owner file a DMCA notice with us.
sharedledger.org reserve the right to ignore a notice that is not in compliance with the DMCA policy described above, without further notice to you.
If users submitting or downloading materials believe that their use of materials was lawful, they have the right
of sending a Proper Counter-notification in order to restore access to these materials.
sharedledger.org will comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter notification is
received by its Designated Agent.
Thank you for your understanding!